As we are approaching the end of our 2019 season, it is only natural to plan ahead & we are often amazed at how far in advance guests like to book their tours. It is never too early to secure your date on one of our amazing 6 hour small group tours.
In 2020 we will be focusing on our Famous Cotswolds Tour. This tour is the perfect introduction to what makes the Cotswolds special. The tour is a combination of the most beautiful well-known locations along with a selection of lesser known but equally magical villages. This helps to give guests a perfect overview of the reasons why the Cotswolds is the best escape to the country you could hope for.
The Cotswolds is well known for its honey stone cottages, it's picture perfect villages & it's unusual history. If you want to enjoy a day out exploring then a small group tour is the best way to uncover the Cotswolds best kept secrets.
Famous Cotswolds Tour
Visit the following amazing locations on this small group tour....
1. Lower Slaughter - Spend time exploring this wonderful waterside village. You will have time to take photographs, shop in the small gift shop and even enjoy morning coffee at the Old Mill
2. Bourton on the Water - This has to be the most famous village in the Cotswolds. You can spend time visiting the little shops, wander over the bridges, head to the miniature village or enjoy a mid morning snack from one of the two bakeries
3. Upper Slaughter - One of our favourite villages, find out why this was one of the luckiest places to live in the Cotswolds. During your visit you may even spot some Cotswolds Lions, don't worry they don't bite!
4. Stow on the Wold - Visit the highest market town in the Gloucestershire Cotswolds. During the lunch stop you can uncover the towns history, visit Tolkien's Door, try out the Old Stocks on the village green and even see the 'Oldest Inn in England' or for those who love to shop, why not visit the Cotswolds Chocolate shop and see the chocolate being made, or visit the Cotswolds Cheese shop.
5. Secret Location - During your Cotswolds day trip, your guide will take you to a top secret location, you will have time to explore this special stop, but shush..... it's a secret! The secret location is connected to one of England's most celebrated writers, walk through this unspoilt location & enjoy the peace & tranquility of the Cotswolds. Make sure you have your camera ready!
6. Great Tew - Guests often want to see these traditional thatched cottages. We will take you to a village in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds, full of these beautiful buildings. You may even choose to spend your time in the local village pub, dating back to 1600's.
Cotswolds Small Group Tour
This small group tour is ideal for guests who want to visit the well-known & much-loved villages within the Cotswolds. You will have free time to walk through the riverside villages of Bourton on the Water, Lower Slaughter & Upper Slaughter. Over lunch the tour stops in the highest market town in Gloucestershire, Stow on the Wold. The market town has plenty of options for lunch, along with historic sites to explore & independent local shops. We will also visit the beautiful thatched village of Great Tew and a top secret village, where you will have time to walk in the footsteps of on of England's most celebrated writers.
The tour gives you a wonderful balance of well known & hidden villages.
This small group tour starts from Moreton in Marsh Monday to Friday at 9.45am & finishes at 4pm & Saturday's at 10.20am until 4.30pm.
Our 2020 Pick Up Points:
In 2020 we will start our tours from Moreton in Marsh Railway Station, this is perfect for guests staying in Bourton on the Water or Stow on the Wold as it is an easy train ride from both of these locations. Moreton in Marsh is also the perfect pick up for guests arriving for their Cotswolds tour by train from Oxford or London. The great news is we will also be collecting guests (upon request) from a central point in Broadway & Chipping Campden.